THURSDAY, AUGUST 20, 2026
Published Daily in New York & Silicon Valley.
Latest News 15 AUGUST, 2026

Lucasfilm President Dave Filoni Confirms Disney Isn’t Making Scrapped Star Wars Movie The Hunt for Ben Solo ‘Right Now’

Lucasfilm president Dave Filoni has confirmed that Disney still isn't working on its scrapped Star Wars movie The Hunt for Ben Solo, despite the push from fans.
NEWS DESK PUBLISHED: AUGUST 15, 2026
📖 3 MIN READ

Lucasfilm President Dave Filoni Confirms The Hunt for Ben Solo Is Not in Production

Lucasfilm president Dave Filoni has confirmed that, despite the push from fans, Disney still isn’t working on its scrapped Star Wars movie The Hunt for Ben Solo.

At the recent Disney Entertainment Showcase at D23 2026, Variety pressed The Clone Wars orchestrator about the shelved Steven Soderbergh project. Fans have been pushing Disney and Lucasfilm to bring Adam Driver’s Kylo Ren back for The Hunt for Ben Solo for months, so it’s no surprise that Filoni has been expecting to be asked about the project.

‘You know, someone was going to ask me that in this line,’ he said with a smile. ‘I’m surprised it took this long, so that’s really cool.’

Filoni’s tongue-in-cheek response suggests that the Star Wars minds at Disney are more than aware that it’s something fans want to see, though. However, when pressed for more information, he remained tight-lipped, saying only that Lucasfilm is not making The Hunt for Ben Solo ‘right now.’

When asked about the project’s status, Filoni gestured with a reference to the Jedi’s hand-waving mind tricks and said, ‘We’re not making that picture right now. That’s all I can say.’

Filoni had a similar response for Deadline, saying, ‘It’s not here, you won’t find it here. The force is not with us in that regard; I love the love you feel for it.’

Fans have been holding onto hope for more sequel trilogy Star Wars when Driver spilled the beans about a shelved project last October. He said the project was in development with the title The Hunt for Ben Solo and had been worked on by him and Soderbergh for two years before Disney pulled the plug.

Even former Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy said The Hunt for Ben Solo’s script was ‘great,’ but that didn’t stop Disney from setting the film aside. Considering Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker left Kylo Ren’s story on a bit of a sour note, intensity from fans has really only ramped up the last few months.

While some flew a ‘Save The Hunt for Ben Solo’ banner over Walt Disney Studios, others waited for the premiere of this year’s The Mandalorian and Grogu to voice their dissatisfaction.

Star Wars: The Hunt for Ben Solo’s Troubled History

Adam Driver’s Kylo Ren was a fan favorite, and many fans felt that his story was left unresolved at the end of The Rise of Skywalker. When Driver spilled the beans about a shelved project last October, fans were hopeful that it might be the long-awaited sequel to the character’s story.

The project was in development with the title The Hunt for Ben Solo, and had been worked on by Driver and Soderbergh for two years before Disney pulled the plug. Even former Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy said The Hunt for Ben Solo’s script was ‘great,’ but that didn’t stop Disney from setting the film aside.

Considering Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker left Kylo Ren’s story on a bit of a sour note, intensity from fans has really only ramped up the last few months. While some flew a ‘Save The Hunt for Ben Solo’ banner over Walt Disney Studios, others waited for the premiere of this year’s The Mandalorian and Grogu to voice their dissatisfaction.

Despite the push from fans, it seems that Disney still isn’t working on The Hunt for Ben Solo. Lucasfilm president Dave Filoni has confirmed that the project is not in production, and it’s unclear whether it will ever see the light of day.

TravelSpots AI

Online Assistant

Hello! I am **TravelSpotsDaily**'s virtual assistant. Do you need any recommendations for travel destinations, food, or itineraries today? 😊
Explore Locations

Map & Regional Filter

Filter by Region